Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby's "Room"












Last weekend we make the trip to IKEA to get our baby furniture. When we first looked at it the crib and dresser were put together in a cute display but when we went back this time they had moved our crib out and put a different one in it's place. Boo!! Since we will not be setting the crib up until we get to FL we wanted some pictures so that Grandma & Grandpa B. could see what they got their Granddaughter. The crib is amazing!!! It is hard to see but it looks perfectly suited for a little princess. Oh that and it splints in two to make a great toddler bed.


We also took pictures of the dresser at the store but since we need it I thought I would show it in the "baby's room". I say that in quotes because it is also my hubby's office. So here is my hard workin man, who make the construction of this thing look like a walk in the park, and the finished product. Well mostly finished. I decided today to swap out the knobs for something more baby girlish but that is in progress... as you can see.


Thanks to the dresser being set up I was able to knock out the first load of laundry and get half the newborn and 0-3 month clothes washed and put away. It is amazing how much fits in such a big dresser. I have also been organizing, organizing, organizing, and it has been a challenge getting all baby's stuff into this room & closet without loosing it's usefulness. Whew!!! But after this we should be done. We will be ordering her Travel System this week, thanks to Grandma & Grandpa L but that stays in the car.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks cute! Very fitting for a little princess ;o) How in the world though did you get your bedding perfectly back into the bag it came in. I couldn't do it so mine is just sitting on the bag in the closet... Nice to see Chibi is checking it all out. She looks impressed by the organization skills. Good luck today at your appt. Can't wait to hear about it.