Monday, August 3, 2009

Pictures and Family Visit



Thanks Mom Lokker for sending these great pics so I could include them in the blog!!! Yes, Mom & Dad Lokker came to visit us for a week and we had a great time. It is amazing that we managed to stay busy here in San Angelo without having to travel to near by towns. My hubby got a chance to use his boating license and take us all (Chibi included) out on a pontoon boat ride around Lake Nasworthy. It was a great, cooler, day and we all enjoyed the ride. After the tour Mom and I went to get the guy's some lunch. No sooner where we heading back and a storm rolled in and thwarted Dad's opportunity to catch a Texas fish.... Don't worry though he caught a cat fish the next night fishing off shore. Those Texas fish didn't stand a chance with that determined fisherman:)













After hitting the big "hot spots" such as Eggemeyers general store and Miss Hatties Cafe we spent the rest of the week tracking down some little knows spots in San Angelo. We found a Putt-Putt course and then Dad found a Modern Art museum. Though the art museum left a bit to be desired Mom found a sculpture right up her alley. Then it was off to a section of restored old San Angelo, and Ft. Concho. They brought some great weather with them so we were able to do a lot without having to face the 100 degree temps... whew!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Putt Putt there doesn't look quite like the great Putt Putt we played on vacation in SC ;o) Those were great courses! Does look like you had an enjoyable time!!!

Lokker Family said...

I agree. I think we were all spoiled in Myrtle Beach. I was just shocked that they have a putt-putt here:)